- 1994. Master of Science in Biology, Uppsala University
- 1999. PhD in Molecular Biology with the thesis ”Structural studies of protein assemblies: MHC class I and Lumazine Synthase” Swedish Agricultural University. (Supervisor Prof Gunter Schneider).
- 1999-2001 postdoc at the University of British Columbia. (Supervisor Prof Natalie Strynadka).
- 1993-1994 —Research assistant. Swedish Agricultural University, Uppsala
- 1994-1996 Graduate student, Swedish Agricultural University, Uppsala
- 1994 (sept-nov)Research visit, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, TN, USA (Prof. Fred C. Hartman).
- 1996-1999 Graduate student, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm
- 1999-2001 Postdoc, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
- 2001-2002 Researcher, KaroBio AB, Huddinge, Sweden
- 2002-2005 Research Associate, Umeå Center for Molecular Pathogenesis, Umeå University
- 2005-2011 Researcher, Department of Odontology, Umeå University
- 2012-2018—Researcher, Department of Chemistry, Umeå University
- 2018—Senior lecturer. Department of Chemistry, Umeå University
- 2020—Director of studies. Department of Chemistry, Umeå University
Supervision of PhD students (as main supervisor):
- Deepika Jaiman (jan 2020–)
- Åsa Nylander (jun 2009-sep 2013) with thesis “Structural and functional studies of streptococcal surface adhesins”.
- Nina Forsgren (feb 2006-apr 2010) with thesis ”Structural studies on the surface adhesin SspB from Streptococcus gordonii”.
Supervision of postdocs (as main supervisor):
- Karin Ernits (jan 2020–)
- Raghavendra Nagampalli (jan 2018–dec 2019)
- Thomas Heidler (march 2016–jun 2019)
- Michael Hall (jan 2013-july 2015)
- Patrik Kloppsteck (oct 2012-dec 2014)